I love how lots of things change when you are on vacation. The amount of movies watched, the frequency of bathing, and, of course, the amount of junk food consumed.
When I was a kid I remember road trips being synonymous with 2 things: filling up the car with tons of stuff and laying all over the car (pre-seat-belt era) and continually consuming junk food until we were ready to puke.
I also remember sleeping in the car. Why don't my kids do that?
Anyway, I was reminiscing about those days when we stopped by the grocery store to stock up our vacation kitchen here in Oceanside. As a reward for good car behavior, I told the kids that they could pick out any cereal that they wanted for breakfast.
This is a big deal. A very big deal. At home they get mini-wheats or granola. The only "sugar cereal" in the house is hidden in the back of the cupboard and saved for late night snacks for the parents. (It's really the least we deserve).
At any rate, Caleb chooses blueberry muffin mini-wheats (I haven't tried them, but they smell like a bunch of blueberries exploded in the box). Meg (she's really way too grown up for Meagan) chose Trix. I don't think I realized how sheltered my kids are in the junk food department until their first bite of Trix the following morning.
"Woah! This stuff is good!"
Within about 20 minutes the box of cereal was two-thirds gone.
1 comment:
pretty much super jealous
Post a Comment