Usually, I do not correct the kid's misspellings for 2 reasons.
1. Because it's cute and
2. Because I want to encourage them to write without worrying so much if it's right or wrong.
But, when Caleb came to show me the card he made, we all decided it had to be fixed. This was Caleb's original card:
To Ms Wadas,
You are the beast.
From, Caleb
You are the beast.
From, Caleb
5 comments:
That is cute. I bet his teacher would have gotten a kick out of it!
one of the beast things I have ever read....I mean best. I feel your pain Caleb. I still spell honey-hunny.
Awesome! Way to encourage creative spelling!
Hilarious- I think you should give it to her just the way he spelled it.....and see if she still gives him a good grade:)
I so laughed out loud at this! I loved it. I will frame it and keep it forever. And if a child ever gets obnoxious, I will point to it and remind them, I am a beast! :)
Post a Comment