Today I am posting some of the good times we have had over the last couple of weeks. Every Sunday afternoon Ryan takes the kids on a family walk. We live near a golf course which has a nice multi-use pathway -- along which are several trees and a couple of bridges that cross the canal. Well, one Sunday the kids found a special climbing tree. They call it "the secret hiding place". The kids regularly ask to walk the 2 mile loop just so they can climb their tree. Here is a picture of them showing off their monkey skills high in the tree branches.

When we are not out walking the neighborhood in search of trees to climb, the kids are often found making crafts, playing in the backyard or reading books. Meagan, however, has never been one to do things traditionally. I snapped this picture of her reading. She spotted me at the last minute and smiled, but this position is NOT posed. She finds the most unusual ways to get comfortable. We often joke about how she just cannot sit still. (But, neither could I when I was younger. My teachers would often remark at parent conferences "Michelle is a really great student, but she just can't sit in her seat". I also remember reading on my bed with my head hanging off the edge. Odd, but true.)

This weekend, Rebekah will turn 6 months old! We can't believe how quickly time is passing or how much she has learned to do. She sits up easily on her own, eats baby food, grabs everything in reach and charms us with her smile all through the day.

We also found out last week that we have a court date on May 6th for finalization of her adoption! We are so completely delighted that Rebekah is part of our family. She truly brings joy to our home and we couldn't love her more. And, yes, those cheeks are as kissable as they look!

That's what's happening at our house -- we are looking ahead to spring break, Meagan's field trip, Ryan's birthday and all the unplanned fun in between!
5 comments:
Congratulations on finalizing the adoption date! What happy news. Have a great break!
I can not believe how big Rebekah has gotten!!! what adorable kids!
awesome news! and then off to the temple you go. wonderful news!
I love all of their sweet personalities!
Congrats on the finalization of Rebekah's adoption. She is just a perfect addition to your family!
That is awesome. I have been out of the loop so I apologize to say that I had no clue she was adopted, she fits your family very well. She is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment