This week we had some really great adventures PLUS I took pictures! Bonus! On Thursday, we went to the zoo and explored. First stop? Giraffes. They were out in abundance. Rebekah was not impressed. She did, however, like holding the zoo map and testing out it's water resistance.

After that, we headed over to the orangutans. Caleb, Meagan and I were trying to figure out where we would want to hang out in the exhibit. Caleb chose the top peak of the man-made mountain, Meagan said she would hang from the shelter that provides shade for the big hairy mammals and I decided that I would nap in the hammock. It's funny how your priorities shift as you age.

After wandering around a bit more, we paused at the otter exhibit. A zoo keeper was starting playtime and everyone was really into it -- even Rebekah. Notice the finger in her mouth? I think she is teething! (FYI: I have been saying that she is teething for the last 2 months. So far -- no chompers!)

Then the kids declared that they were
STARVING and needed lunch right away. Even though it was only 10:20, we humored their little appetites. We headed headed up to the Baboon exhibit where there are some benches and lots of shade for enjoying a picnic. Don't you love this picture of Ryan and the girls heading to lunch?

We decided to sign up for a zoo pass again, and as part of our "renewal special" we got to choose tickets to a couple of activities. Caleb chose the new climbing attraction. It was probably 30 feet tall and Caleb scaled the entire thing in about 1 minute! The lady in charge was really surprised that Caleb had never been harnessed up for true wall climbing. I think we'll have to go visit a rock gym sometime soon!

Meagan picked the carousel. Ryan waited in line with her and got her buckled onto the sea horse. Then, he asked if he could stand next to her for the ride. "No thanks dad, I can ride all by myself!"

After that, a quick hike to the "Hole in the Rock" and then feeding the ducks.

And yes, we were totally exhausted after all that!
4 comments:
What a fabulous day! I love it when the weather is perfect for an outing! Looks like everyone had a blast! Makes me homesick:)
The zoo fun my mom just recently took the younger boys and they had a blast!
Amanda
zoo passes are the best deal. it's so great to go and spend a few hours when the weather is nice.
We bought a zoo pass, too and had a great time on Friday. (I skirted the rock wall when I brought the boys, but I know they'd love it.-Maybe next time when we're not so ressed for time.) If you decide to go to the rock climbing gymn, give us a call.
Post a Comment