Monday, March 16, 2009

Guppy Mystery

We have a fish tank in our house. Caleb got it for his 6th birthday. It was filled with guppies, frogs and snails. Eventually the short life cycle of small freshwater creatures necessitated some changes in the tank life. Now, we have 2 guppies, 1 goldfish and a sucker fish.

Until yesterday.
I went to feed the fish and I found only 1 guppy, 1 goldfish and the sucker fish. I spent more time than I would care to admit looking in the 10 gallon tank for the lost guppy. Which is kind of funny if you really think about it. There are really only a few places to check. It surely didn't run away. Our filter has a tiny (intact) grate over it to prevent fish uptake (no Nemo scare here). I checked with Ryan to see if he covertly flushed the little guy because of a premature demise.
Seriously, where could the guppy be?

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think that he was lunch for one of the others! Poor guy.

Kristen D. said...

I would check your purse. That's where I lose everything. BTW I laughed out loud...you should write a column in the paper.

trublubyu said...

that is a mystery. little runaway guppy, where can you be?

Heidi said...

Thank you for posting about all the favorite things in my house: babies, puppies and fishyes. It keeps Megan entertained while I try and catch up! I love your cute leprecuans and I'm glad you found your fishy. May he rest in peace. Baby is so very adorable with those piggies! Yea for hair dos! I'm jealous you are swimming as i woke up to snow!