Monday, December 29, 2008

Pacifier Wake-Up


So, my little Rebekah is the most amazing and delightful baby ever... except that she has ordered a personalized pacifier service. Normally, I am fairly open to my children's requests. I would almost say that I am a push-over on occasion. This time, however, I am quite unable to deliver on her request. What is her order? She would like for me to stand by her crib throughout the night so that whenever she drifts out of sleep I can efficiently swoop down and place her pacifier directly into her mouth. Preferably in under 10 seconds. I know I am being completely unreasonable because I would rather spend the night in my bed SLEEPING!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Oh Elle was the same way! Fortunately, the only way she would sleep was to be swaddled tightly, so I would just tuck the blanket under her binkie so that that it wouldn't fall out! Good luck with the sleep!

Michelle said...

Pacifier Update: I am excited to report that Rebekah has learned to put herself back to sleep without her pacifier! It was a little rough the first night, but she figured it out pretty quick (luckily).

Heidi said...

Way to go mom! I've been doing that lately and some how they can do it! A tired mom is no good to anyone...hope you are getting a few more zzzzz's.