Saturday, January 5, 2013

It was a zoo kind of day

 First Saturday of the year? 

Of course it's a zoo day!

This particular zoo day was memorable partly 
because Rebekah finally realized there are animals at the zoo.





She was mesmerized by the Orangutan exhibit for a good 20 minutes.
Just quietly watching these very intriguing creatures.




Then Meagan helped her to see the massive wrinkly elephant.


Of course, my favorite part of the zoo is watching the people I love.

I love watching them interact with each other.
And I love watching my husband as a dad.
I'm not sure that my kids realize how great they have it.



Everyone gets to pick an animal to see at the zoo when we go as a family.
My pick on this Saturday was the Tiger.



 He must have known he was my top pick
because he gave the best photo op.



Just before leaving, we stopped to interact with the Sting Rays.

Caleb and Bekah were a little unsure,
but Meagan was very brave and loved petting as many as possible.




As a thank you for her kind attentions,
one of the rays gave Meagan a hearty hello splash...


She was a great sport about going home soaking wet on this January Saturday!


No comments: