When I was a little girl I honestly thought that the song
"Take me out to the ballgame"
was written for the LA Dodgers.
I remember going to Dodger stadium a couple of times and singing their song {see above} and eating a Dodger Dog while watching men throw a ball around and try to whack it with a bat.
Good times.
I spent some of my earliest years watching a lot of sports on TV because my Uncle Rick is a serious sports fan. I learned to be patient and that sports time is completely unrelated to the time on a real clock. Even though I didn't really understand what I was watching and it was, quite frankly, kind of boring to a young 4 or 5 year old girl, I have really fond memories of that time spent with my uncle.
So, last fall, when Ryan got an idea to get in
on some Diamondbacks season tickets I was totally game.
Our first game was against the Giants.
Which was fun for Ryan because that was his team when he was a boy.
Luckily now I understand the game {better} and so it is both a great way to spend time together and fun to cheer on our home team.
This is a view from the far end of the stadium.
And this is a view from our seat.
Pretty sweet right?
Notice that I am taking this picture from the shade
while everyone on the other side was sweltering in the sun.
And this is me playing around trying to capture some action with my non-telephoto lens.
Not bad!




No comments:
Post a Comment