Every year Grandma Jones has a Saturday morning of Easter fun planned for the grandkids.
All of the kids look forward to discovering what treasure is hidden in Grandma's backyard
(The grown-ups may or may not come because of the homemade cinnamon rolls...)
And to see their fun cousins...
And to laugh at {with} each other....
And to compete in the annual egg toss competition...
{Where Emma may or may not have snuck in a hard boiled egg to increase her chances of victory}
Where Uncle Brandon teaches Caleb to keep going even thought their egg is nothing but slimy shell...
And where Aunt Mel and Uncle Warren soundly whip the rest of the group
with their superb egg toss skills.
I grew up seeing my cousins maybe once a year
and having a somewhat shy distanced relationship
with my out-of-town aunts and uncles.
It has been really fun to discover the great connection that can happen when siblings grow up
and have kids of their own.
I love my nieces and nephews
and I am so thankful for the out-pouring of love my kids' aunts and uncles have for them.
Truly Awesome.







No comments:
Post a Comment