Friday, August 26, 2011

Growing Up

My baby girl is turning 3 soon.
It's hard to believe that she is becoming such a little girl.

Turning 2 years and 9 months means that she transitions from separate speech therapy, occupational therapy and developmental therapy appointments.

Instead, they combine all of this learning in a preschool environment 
where they can add socializing and playing with friends to her goals.

Lucky for me she celebrated that milestone at the very beginning of summer break.
Because I wasn't ready for her to be a grown-up preschooler quite yet.

But, inevitably, time has marched along and before I knew it, 
I was getting her dressed and preparing to put her on the school bus....










After we were all ready, we settled down to read some books
while we waited for the school bus to come and pick her up...





After a few minutes she got bored of waiting, 
and kicked off her shoes.



Eventually, however, she hopped right on the bus and waved good bye.

She has done great!
Two of her new favorite words are now "backpack!" and "school bus!".
{Both typically said with exclamation marks}


No comments: