Twice a year we gather into Miss Rachael's living room and settle in to enjoy the girls in Meagan's dance class perform. When Meagan first joined the group she was just so excited to wear the beautiful costumes and twirl and jump.
Tonight, when I was watching the recital, I was struck by how lovely her dancing has become. As I was thinking about her graceful movement, I realized that what I was actually noticing is her inner beauty shining out. And while it may sound a little contrived, I was truly overwhelmed with the honor that it is to be her mother. Meagan has a sweet spirit and she is drawn to things that are beautiful and lovely. She watches out for her others and truly enjoys helping then. And her zest for life allows her find the joy in the world around her.
But sometimes, in the mundane everyday, it is easy to forget these wonderful qualities. So I am thankful that, for this hour, I was able to reflect on the lovely girl she is.







No comments:
Post a Comment