Can I just say it? I love going to Trader Joes. I don't go very often because it's not in the most convenient spot. But, I'm always ready for an adventure when I go. I love to wander up and down the isles and gawk at all the tempting choices.

I never go "real" grocery shopping here. Partly because I get too distracted to remember the mundane things.
As part of my adventure, I always make a point to try something new when I visit TJs. Today it was mini whole wheat pita pockets. First of all, they amuse me. And let's face it - as a mom - I do a lot of things just because they amuse me. (Think belly kisses on toddlers and teasing 1st graders.) Second of all, I think they will be yummy with some brown rice and beans with a little spice to liven it up.
One interesting side effect that comes from shopping at Trader Joes is that I always feel more healthy, more urban and more chic. I want to be the woman who gathers up armfuls of flowers, exotic cheese and fresh organic fruit and takes them home to add the finishing touches on my charming home.
Oddly enough, it doesn't depress me that I'm really the kind of woman who buys pretzels, pita pockets, homemade tortillas, kiwis and mini tomatoes and then goes home and eats an entire lunch consisting of honey wheat pretzels and kiwi.
No comments:
Post a Comment