Either way, while I was lying in bed at 5 am this morning, I realized that there are some distinct advantages to being short.
For instance, I sleep on my belly -- completely stretched out in my bed. Sometimes I hook my feet on the bottom of the mattress and stretch my arm far above my head and it rests on the top of the mattress. I have done this my whole life... well, as long as I have been long enough to reach both ends. It suddenly occurred to me this morning that not all people can do that. Then I realized that some people probably have to lay very strategically just so they don't bump their heads.
As I pondered this stroke of revelation, I heard my youngest daughter fussing. Why is it that even when I am fully awake, just hearing one of my kids wake up makes me feel very tired?
1 comment:
Hilarious- I have exactly the opposite thoughts and challenges that you have- except I don't have to find a very strategic way to fit on my bed- I have always slept curled in a ball- maybe because I wouldn't fit otherwise ???? :) Anyway, good thing we tall people know short people like you- that way you can help us hang our pictures at the right height:)
Post a Comment