Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A little friendly competition

I've been wanting to share this for a bit, but my blackberry has been holding these pictures hostage. Luckily, I know this great computer guy and he rescued these gems.

The Monday before Thanksgiving, I got a babysitter for Rebekah and set off on a little adventure. I wanted to go somewhere to clear my head and I found myself driving to "A" mountain. When I went to ASU, my parking lot was literally at the trail head to hike to the A and so I have tripped up that little hill many times.

I parked on Mill Avenue and wandered past the old mill in search of the trail to the top.


As I started to ascend to the top, I found myself reminiscing about my college days. There were some very good things to remember. And for some reason, sleep deprivation didn't bother me as much then. I snapped this picture a little over halfway up. In miniature writing you can see the nursing college where I lived a couple of days a week and my parking lot (which is now a station for the light rail).


Once I got fully to the top, I snapped this gem and thought about how that lake wasn't even there when I went to ASU. Funny how things change.


Later that week, Ryan and I were trying to come up with a more interesting date idea than going out to eat. We threw out the idea to go the ASU / U of A football game.

Here's the funny thing about our house. Cumulatively, Ryan and I have 3 degrees from ASU. You would think that it would be obvious who to cheer for at this rival game. But, Ryan's 2 semesters at U of A trump his 2 degrees at ASU. He is a solid Arizona fan through and through. The funny thing is that I am not a huge ASU fan... unless they are playing U of A. Then my Sun Devil pride starts to come out of hibernation.


Here we are waiting for the game to start. Before you start asking questions... I must explain... Ryan's red shirt is kind of faded and my maroon shirt has seen better days... so we basically look like we are wearing the same color. But, sports fans, don't you worry! We were loyal to our teams to the bitter end. (And it was kind of a bitter end...)


We had a blast cheering for our respective teams. In fact, we had so much fun that you can probably spot us cheering at the ASU / U of A basketball game in January.


2 comments:

Kristen D. said...

solid...but next time you really should wear your school colors.

Elizabeth said...

A-S-U!!! A-S-U!! That's really all I have to say about that:)