Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mom musings

So, today was the first day of school for Caleb and Meagan. This is a new school for them because of our move and so they were a little unsure about how things would go today. But, I am very proud of them because they were very brave and had a great attitude about making new friends and being able to find everything they needed.

We arrived at the school a couple of minutes early and helped them to find their class's spot in the courtyard. (Each class has a spot to line up to wait for their teacher). When I got them to the right class and saw them become part of the group, I looked around and noticed dozens of moms taking pictures of the first day.

DANG! I didn't take any first day of school pictures. Lame! I started to get a little peeved at myself for forgetting the camera to document this important kid-moment. Then Caleb turned and looked at me and gave a crooked smile and a thumbs up. I smiled my own wobbly smile back and knew that I wouldn't need a picture to remember this kid moment.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Awwww! I'm just catching up and that is priceless! I felt the same way but somehow three schools in three years for Elizabeth has been a no brainer. hope they are enjoying the new environment. Mine are thriving!