Today, poor Michelle needs a break.
You see, she has discovered a truth. For many years, she has considered herself to be clean and organized. Every since she was a small girl she has secretly thrilled at creating order and having the skill (and maybe even talent) for organizing and keeping a tidy space.
So, for the past several years, she has thought of herself in these terms. "I am organized. I keep a clean house."
Today, however, she had to concede defeat. Officially, she has acknowledged that 5 (Ryan and the dog so count) against 1 just isn't good odds.
Valiantly, she has trudged ahead seeking for the clean and organized home that used to come so easily before her first child started to move. She remembers with fondness cleaning a room, shining every surface, vacuuming every spec and then returning several hours later to find it still clean.
Now, when she finishes one room and starts on another, someone immediately begins to undo the beautiful order that was created just moments before.
So, when you come to visit Michelle, be gentle and kind. She is still adjusting to her new place in the world. And try to believe that I do get cleaned regularly -- even if it doesn't look like it.
3 comments:
I think your house should write more. I thoroughly enjoyed this post.
I say take the house for a pedicure:) That is always my solution to the fact that noone understands MY definition of clean- and that my house certainly doesn't understand My definition of clean......why can't everyone just cooperate???
I hear ya, salute ya and validate all efforts being made, especially those done in vain and made to be undone in minutes. Five to one really does bite! (I counted my toddler twice!)
Post a Comment