Thursday, February 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning

So, I woke up this morning and suddenly realized that my house needed some serious attention. I typically like to live in blissful ignorance as long as possible. I'm not sure why I wanted to "spring" clean today. Maybe it is because it is almost 80 degrees outside. Maybe it is because I love it when my house feels clean. Maybe I am premeditating a huge shopping spree and I need room for all my new stuff.

Whatever the case, I am mostly done. I even enlisted my kids to help clean by bribing them with a trip to McD's afterward for an ice cream cone.

I have now reached the point that everything is clean except my laundry room. And now that room looks hideous. It used to sort of blend in until everything else got clean. Now I may be faltering. I don't know if I can muster up the energy to just finish the job. Maybe I'll eat some chocolate and see if that inspires me.

By the way, in case you wondering, I always keep fresh flowers in my cleaning supply bin. It just gives me a little lift! (Not!)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I have fresh flowers too- I just go and cut them and put them in my cleaning bucket everyday- that way at least my bucket smells fresh, even if the rest of my house doesn't!
p.s. I vote for the large shopping spree- you just go right ahead and clean to make room for all the stuff you need to buy!!!

robyn said...

Are you going to be in my neighborhood soon?

Cute But Dorky said...

Hey, I was checking out different blogs and came across yours. I can't believe how much the kids have grown. They are adorable!