The FaceplantRebekah has reached a great milestone this week. Ordinarily, she sleeps in a very relaxed position on her back. This week, however, she has decided that sleeping on one's back is entirely overrated. So, why not flip to your tummy? Wait... except I don't know how to sleep on my tummy. Now I'm frustrated and drowning in my own drool and tears because I don't know how to do this. After getting up several times one night just to flip her over, I decided that she needed to learn how to sleep on her tummy (after all -- many people do it just fine).
So, the next day during her first nap I placed her lovingly to sleep on her tummy and patted her back. She wasn't buying it. After some fussing it finally got quiet. With the stealth that only mothers of sleeping babies have mastered, I peeked in her room only to discover with horror that my baby was still and completely face down in the bed! After a moment of panic, I realized that she was just sleeping. But face down? How is that comfortable? Isn't it sort of instinctual to turn your head to the side when you are sleeping on your tummy? So, like any good mommy would do, I proceeded to turn her head to the side -- which woke her up and made her start to cry.
I figured that she would figure it out eventually -- but we are on day 3. And while I sometimes see her with her head slightly turned, she is usually sleeping face down -- only now she tucks her hands under her mouth so that her nose is off the bed. At least we are making progress!
The Sit
Rebekah also learned how to sit up this week all by herself! Isn't that fun! Because of this new skill, she has had many new adventures this week: She has seen Costco from the upright sitting position in the cart (why does that always make them look so much bigger?), she has sat in a high chair at a restaurant (hurling toys on the floor like any good baby would do) and she has a clear view of the neighborhood instead of just the sky on our morning walks. Good work growing baby girl!
3 comments:
great milestone! I can't believe how fast she is growing. We love seeing hereach Sunday.
yay for new skills!
She is cute! Oh the little things that bring so much celebration! SO fun! Good luck with the tummy thing. Maybe she and Megan could take a class this week. She startles now when I try to lay her flat...even when sound asleep! It is buggin'!
Post a Comment