In our home library, we have a book titled "Will you still love me?". It is a book about a boy who makes up elaborate scenarios of naughty behavior and then asks if he (the boy) did all those things would the dad still love him. Of course the dad replies that he will love him.
Well, yesterday my kids rallied together on the no-school holiday and decided to put that theory to the test. I have to confess that I wasn't totally patient about the naughtiness by the end of the day. So, feeling a little remorseful at dinner time about my impatience, I tried to make light of the day with my kids. Here is my own (true) version that I told my kids...
Caleb and Meagan if you...
wake me up at 5:30 am
get sand in someone's eye
complain every 30 seconds
grab a book from your sister's hand
tell me that my cooking is yucky
cry hysterically because you don't get your way
slam the door in your brother's face
leave hundreds of microscopically sized pieces of paper on the floor
write on the table in marker
wake the baby up 4 times
dump every toy you own on the floor
change your clothes 3 times
or announce that we never do anything fun 5 minutes after returning from the park
I will still love you!
3 comments:
Glad I am not the only one! I had a similar conversation with Malia tonight. Sounds like a very crazy day.
kids. silly creatures. is that why we love them?
I think you are ready to go to the publishing department! We had TWO days off Monday AND Tuesday...aren't you jealous?? And that's exactly how they went.
Post a Comment