Sunday, December 14, 2008

Little Miss Betty Crocker

So, Meagan has recently developed a love of all things motherly. She loves to take care of Rebekah -- feeding, picking out clothes, trying to make her smile etc. Now she is expanding her skills to include culinary delights. It is actually really fun and very surprising
that she remains interested until everything is done.

This is Meagan preparing the bottom crust for one of the Thanksgiving pies. She actually did 90% of the work for the pies. One of the pies (featured above) was chocolate cream and I suggested that we try something new and put mini chocolate chips at the bottom. She carefully placed each chip one at a time and right side up before pouring in the pudding mixture. That is true dedication!


A couple of days later, Ryan decided to get the kids started making some chocolate chip cookes (yummiest recipe ever!) Both kids were into it at first, but after the first batch went in, Caleb was done. But Meagan stuck it out rolling most of the cookies into balls batch after batch!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love that she looks so cute and stylin while she is cooking...on a side note, did I miss something? When was Rebekah added to the bunch??? I am obviously WAY behind the times and I apologize- catch me up on e-mail if you can-she is just adorable too!

Heidi said...

Darling little Chef...glad she's found something she enjoys!

trublubyu said...

send her over to our house- she and ellie would have a blast together.

Jess said...

wow meagan! can you teach me how to bake pies?! i am very impressed!