Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beauty

Not very many women think they are beautiful.  Crazy!!  Because who gets to choose what is beauty and what is not?  Although I may appear to be a left-brained girl, I truly have an artistic nature and I believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  And that as women we need to behold our own beauty.  And make peace with it.  Because we have more important things to do.  Like raising our daughters to recognize their own beauty.

With this premise Elena (my friend and co-conspirator) and I took on the challenge to learn to photograph women so that they can see their own beauty.  And (maybe!) even put up a picture of themselves in their home that they can feel great about.

We watched an extended workshop and then we practiced on each other.  And then, in a leap of supreme bravery, we invited women that we care about to be our guinea pigs.

Did we find beauty?























Yes we did.  These are pictures of my mom and me.  What a gift!  Not only to ourselves, but also to my daughters.  And maybe their daughters too.




3 comments:

Mrs. Bowden said...

You are absolutely beautiful! And so is your mother! Love you!

Elizabeth said...

So pretty....which one are you putting in your home?

Michelle said...

Elizabeth... I'm not sure! It's a toss up between the focus in the first and the casual feel of the third. What do you think??