Thursday, May 10, 2012

4th Graders at the Lake

I was excited when I was asked to go on the 4th grade field trip to Saguaro Lake.

I arrived at 8:45 with two sack lunches 
completely curious what the 4th grade teachers 
were planning to do at the lake with 110 fourth graders.

It turns out the bus ride provided some excitement for the kids before we even arrived.
As we drove down Bush Highway there appeared a long series of low hills.
As the bus would sail down the hills, the kids would fling their arms up in the air
 and holler as if they were on a roller coaster.



After our thrill ride we arrived at the dock where the Desert Belle was waiting 
to take us on a 90 minute tour of Saguaro Lake.

The entire time I kept thinking of the theme song from Gilligan's island...
"A 3 hour tour..."

Luckily for me we stayed on schedule.

After we got life jackets on all the kids we set off.



It turns out that I learned a lot of interesting facts about Arizona and got to see some fun sights as well.
Other than these kayakers we were pretty much the only ones on the lake.




Hands down, however, my favorite sight of the trip was this boy.
Love him.



These two shots of Four Peaks and Saguaro Lake were taken on the bus ride home.
Not bad for shots taken on a "roller coaster".









No comments: