What's a girl to do when her husband has to work all of winter break?
Head to the coast with her mother-in-law and 2 nieces of course!
The seven of us piled into Mama J's new volvo and headed down the road.
The place we arrived at gets it's very own post.
After settling in and getting sandy at the beach we filled up our bellies
and checked in for the night.
The next morning I woke up with a strong desire to go somewhere.
Anywhere.
So, to the San Diego Zoo we went.
We arrived before it opened
and waited for a few minutes at a rope that separated us from the rest of the zoo.
Then we headed over to the children's area.
All of the kids wanted to go to the petting zoo...
except Rebekah.
She wanted to wash and dry her hands...
over and over again.
Maybe for 15 straight minutes.
Okay, I usually think these kind of pictures are really corny.
But for some reason this one just tickles me.
Just when I think it's because Caleb's head and expression fit his character perfectly,
I realize that maybe it is Rebekah's look.
Like she knows it's inexcusable that I made her be lunch for the spider.
After the children's zoo, we waited in line for the Skyfari.
An ariel tram that takes you to the tippy top of the zoo.
As a bonus, the line made us feel like we were at an amusement park.
(I was so glad Bekah had her rainbow pants on,
because it made it so much easier to spot her all day long!)
The skyfari took us up to the Polar bears.
Although Bekah didn't really care very much for the giant bears,
she did enjoy the various entertainment surrounding their habitat.
Same goes for the giant bird-of-prey exhibit.
Come to think of it,
I'm not sure if Rebekah noticed any animals all day.
And I forgot to tell you that I packed a teenager on my trip...
Luckily, Rebekah had time to finish her lunch while we waited in another line for the tour bus.
We sat on the upper deck, and it was quite fun!
Plus it was amazing to realize how enormous the San Diego Zoo is.
When the kids were too tired to walk around anymore,
we stopped by the children's area one last time to play.
It was amazing how much energy they found to play at the Zoo Park.

















No comments:
Post a Comment