Saturday, December 3, 2011

Happy 60th Papa

This week one of my favorite people is celebrating a milestone birthday.

He goes by many names, but to me he will always be Papa.
I started calling Ryan's dad Papa J before we were married.
{In part because his wife had already been christened Mama J}

And the name has stuck.
Most of the grandkids now call him Papa.
And if I'm not mistaken I think it's one of his favorite titles.

So, partly because I love throwing a party, but mostly because
I have a soft spot in my heart for our Papa, I got busy plotting how to make him feel special.


A little of this...


And a little of that.

Throw in a slideshow and pictures from his youth and the backdrop is complete.

But the best part, of course, was the gathering.




All the kids and spouses were there without any of their kids.
And we all remembered how much we really like each other.
And how funny we are!



Happy 60th Papa!


No comments: