Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Thanksgiving Tradition Continues

This year we decided to continue our tradition of a Thanksgiving morning outing.
Last year we had so much fun at the zoo that we decided to give it another go.

And it did not disappoint.
There's something really fun about being at the zoo when it is nearly empty.
It's both relaxing and serene.







This orangutan was hilarious to watch.  
She had a red sheet that she draped over herself in various ways.  
She seemed to be playing peek-a-boo with us 
and then she wandered over to find her compadre.











After that we headed over to the spider monkey exhibit.
We were able to wander around with the monkeys.
It has been awhile since I have been in this exhibit, 
so I was surprised to discover that the monkeys have grown very used to humans.
In fact, I almost had one walk on my hand while it was resting on a guard rail!








After the monkeys,
we wandered down the bear trail hunting for the elusive bear.





 "Hey! I do it!"





Success!


And, of course, Caleb was very excited to point out all the reptiles and bugs 
{including gigantic cockroaches!!}



No comments: