Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Swimming

It all started with a trip to Costco. 

I took the girls to pick up a few things and Meagan noticed the swim suits right away.
And she wanted one.

But, because I know all about the fickle-ness of second grade fashion, 
I decided that she needed to see the swimsuits from a couple of different stores before deciding.

I know.  I'm kinda mean like that.

That night at the dinner table, she was telling her dad that she found the {perfect} swimsuit 
but that mom didn't buy it.  At which point Ryan asked her if she had a new swimsuit 
if she would have gone swimming that very night.

To which she affirmatively replied.

Which then made Caleb ask if they could go swimming anyway.

In the second week of March.

Because we thought they would chicken out, we generously gave our permission.

They eagerly finished dinner and went to find appropriate pool attire.  Caleb found some swim trunks and Meagan had to make do with a dance leotard (because we've already learned that I didn't buy her the afore mentioned swim suit).

For the record: She wanted to wear tights too.  {to keep warm}


First the kids dipped their toes in the water.

Then pulled them out again.


Then Meagan told Caleb that if he just jumped in that she would do it too.

And he believed her.


Which put a lot of pressure on Meagan to fulfill her end of the deal.

Except that the water was really cold.




But, eventually she kept her word and dove in.






All the while Bekah & Lincoln watched the entire escapade.




I can't even remember what Meagan was trying to talk Caleb into doing...


But it must have been good!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Your kids are really beautiful!! those are great pics and I am cracking up at their bravery! yeah them!