Monday, November 29, 2010

The Smell of Flowers

Ever since I was a little girl, the smell of freshly cut flowers has always reminded me of my mom. She has been a florist since I was tiny and I have vivid memories of her pulling me into a hug and being surrounded by the enchanting fragrance of her creations.

Now that I am grown and I have tiny children of my own, I wonder if they have that same experience.

One thing I know for certain is that my mom's talent for creating beauty has continued to expand and evolve. She has an eye for lovely things and she manages to create a magical feeling through her touch.

When my mom asked me to come to photograph some flowers she designed for a wedding at the Phoenix Art Museum, I jumped at the chance to do it. To make something good even better, my friend Elena came with me to make it an adventure.



























No comments: