Thursday, August 27, 2009

A lost tooth and some fun

Ever since Meagan was a toddler, she has been really put out that she isn't that same age as Caleb. Some things she can work hard for and others are totally out of her control. Last year when Caleb lost 6 teeth Meagan was very upset that her cute baby teeth were still firmly in place.
Well, a week and a half ago Meagan announced on Saturday morning that her first tooth was lost. Literally. She had a gap and no tooth to show for it. After some quick thinking, we made a plan to write a note to the tooth fairy explaining the whole situation. Fortunately, I have an in with the tooth fairy and I know she is not only beautiful but fair minded.

Once we had a firm plan in place to get payment for the empty space in Meagan's mouth, we headed off to the Children's Museum. Kristen came with me because she is super nice and a little crazy.
Our first stop was this "Pedal Power" station. The kids played here forever. Which made me laugh. It was just a bunch of tricycles that you could ride around in a loop. But, for some reason, they were enchanted.
The next stop was an area where you race cars (sort of pinewood derby style). It made for a few cool photo ops while we lounged in the padded bed of a pick up truck embedded in the wall.
The next room was full of balls and tracks for them. One wall was covered in metal and the pieces of track had giant magnets on them. They were so engrossed that I seriously started trying to figure out how to install a metal wall with pvc pipe stuck to it at my house.
And this is my lovely daughter. Charm school is really paying off don't you think?
While the kids were exploring a giant maze made of pool noodles, Kristen and I took some self portraits. The best part about this picture is that I was the one taking it and I was still looking the wrong way. What can I say? I'm still a novice at the self-portrait.

2 comments:

Kristen D. said...

That was a perretty good time wasn't it. Personal fav is your crazy eyes in the bubble gum one.

Heidi said...

This is the Children's Museum, not the Science Center right? How is it? Maybe I'll check it out next time I'm there. My kids were unimpressed with the Lego world at the Science Center this summer. They also enjoy dropping the ball into the pvc pipe tracks on the wall. It is beautiful! I think they sell the sheets of magnet at hardware stores. (Cuz I taught preschool is how I know.What is a teacher without her board??)