Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Moments

Lately, I have noticed a collection of amusing pictures collecting on my blackberry. None of them are related and most of them are silly. But, these are the little moments that make me smile during my day.

My friend, Kristen, has converted me to the thrill of the self-portrait. This is Rebekah and me about 2 weeks ago. She is a very willing guinea pig (both Rebekah and Kristen).

A couple of weeks ago, I was driving to acupuncture and I noticed this sparkly turquoise bike ahead of me. I looked closer and saw that the driver had a matching helmet PLUS there were streamers hanging from the handle bars. Seriously. As I pulled up next to this sparkly, Harley wonder, I realized that sitting on this very pretty motorcycle was somebody's grandpa.

This is where Rebekah sits to get her hair done in the mornings. Yes, my 9 month old actually requires a hair routine. At any rate, I sit her in the purple magic seat and give her a toothbrush (not always hers) and let her suck/chew on it for a few minutes while I work my magic. She has also learned to open and close the medicine cabinet while she gets beautifed.

Again, the self-portrait. This is Meagan and I pretending to be asleep on my bed. I have to say that my years of faking sleep for my parents really paid off in this shot.

This picture was taken on Sunday. My little 9 month old pulled herself up to stand and the pushed this box across the room. Once that thrill was old news, she climbed up on top of the box. Not enough thrill? Why not reach down from your precarious perch to grab the super clean dust pan. At least there's some proof that I at least try to teach my kids to clean up after themselves!

A couple of weeks ago, Meagan was practicing the piano and Rebekah crawled right over, pulled herself up to stand, and made the solo a duet. It was really cute even if it annoyed Meagan.


Earlier this month, I took the kids to the Phoenix Zoo and they frolicked at one of the new water areas. Rebekah wasn't really sure what was going on. She is a people watcher. She just sat in a puddle and soberly watched the kids running and squealing.


I'm not sure what this picture shows other than:
1. All my children know how to stand and
2. How they look first thing in the morning
.
This is my dog Lincoln. He is sort of like a person. Don't get me wrong, he still poops outside and likes some good kibble. But, he also has an eery way of doing things like people do. What other dog heads to the closest step for a nice relaxing break?

We often joke that Rebekah and Lincoln are our 2 youngest children. In many ways it is true. Rebekah has learned to roam the house while holding things in her mouth. She teases him by playing with his things (like his water dish). He has learned to move quickly if she reaches for his eyeball. And she has learned that he is a very sturdy hand-hold if you can't quite stand on your own yet.
.
These are the kind of moments that make it all come together.

2 comments:

Kristen D. said...

Oh I am so glad I turned you on the whole self portrait. Priceless pics. Personal favorite is Lincoln sitting on the step. That stuff is money!

Angela Bassett said...

What an awesome family. My kids are really going to miss you. Good luck.