Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Real Deal

This week, we are revealing the real us. Don't be alarmed! It's still us -- just the behind the scenes version. After Rebekah's finalization last week, we went out to dinner and while we were waiting for our food, we had a little camera fun. I wonder if Rebekah is wondering what she got herself into.
This is us in front of the Temple before our sealing Saturday morning. Let me tell you. This is the real deal. For sure.
This is Rebekah with her Papa (Ryan's dad) after the sealing at lunch. Don't they look alike? I love that they have the same look on their faces. "Is this picture really necessary?"

This is my mom with her cute grandkids. (I know -- I'm totally biased. But still.)

This is Rebekah after hitting her head. You know, a real deal fit. Uncle Warren was very empathetic.

Here is little Rebekah in her sealing / blessing dress. Do you want to know the real deal about that? I made it all by myself. Yes, I am very proud.

This is after the blessing on Sunday. We were taking a picture of the 2 cousins together and realized that it looked like my brother in law and I were a couple. It obviously entertained us.

Seriously adorable. Really.

And drumroll please. Here is Rebekah's first mess. She has finally figured out how to go after what she wants... dog water dish, electrial cords, papers on the floor. Here's the real deal scoop - she does not like getting stuck places... under the coffee table, behind the rocking chair, in a corner.

PS Don't you love that morning hair?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on the REAL DEAL adoption and sealing :) You look so happy and fun! Rebekah fits in just great- lucky you and lucky her! May you have many more days like this one!

p.s. I LOOOOOVe the morning hair :)

Kristen D. said...

The pic with you and your bro-in-law....priceless. Your face is the real deal in that pic for sure...maybe...yeah!

Carolyn said...

It was so fun to see you, your kids are very cute! I love bed hair, sometimes I let Grant sport his all day long. :)

Angela Bassett said...

Thank you for the talks you and Ryan gave at church on Sunday. One of the most uplifting meetings I've been to-I'll be remembering it for a long time. You have a wonderful, beautiful family.