Friday, March 20, 2009

Guppies, Puppies and Piggy Tails

Yesterday I was feeding the fish and I did my scan of the tank to see if the guppy miraculously reappeared. You can imagine my sadness when I spotted the poor guppy half buried in the rocks near a plant. I take solace in knowing that he is most likely swimming on in a great pond somewhere. (That's probably shaky in terms of doctrine -- but it does make me feel better.)



This is our "puppy" Lincoln. He is a really great dog. He really is. He is quiet (unless you are ringing our doorbell), he is loyal and he is great with the kids. Unfortunately, he is also a shameless mooch. He loves food and he has no problem (silently) begging for anything you might be eating. Because I am a sucker for this pooch, I have a reputation for "sharing" my leftovers with the pup.

I do, however, draw the line at him helping himself to the food in our pantry. The other day, I was watching American Idol (I know) and Ryan was studying in our room. The kids were all sleeping (Hallelujah!). Suddenly Ryan come racing from the bedroom through the dining room and out to the backyard. I was curious, but a little too lazy to get up off the couch. Moments later, he came back in with a very reluctant Lincoln in tow. I looked at Ryan with raised eyebrows (this means -- "So, what happened"). Ryan silently held up a package of hamburger buns and Lincoln sank even closer to the floor.

Apparently, Ryan heard the plastic bag outside the open window and he just knew that Lincoln was up to no good. (He always takes his loot outside to pilfer through). Amazingly, there was only one small hole in the bag and all the buns were intact. (Lucky pooch).

Last, but not least... here is a picture of Rebekah in pigtails. Isn't she adorable? I couldn't resist taking about 40 pictures of her yesterday, because everytime I saw her I thought "Soooo cute!"

1 comment:

Kristen D. said...

Lincoln is a genius. If he had opposable thumbs he might have been able to cook himself up a burger to go with those buns.