Friday, March 27, 2009

Funny little things

Typically, Meagan doesn't get very excited about meals. So imagine my delight when she came running in the kitchen the other day and said, "What's for dinner? It smells delicious!"

I had a tender moment as I realized that perhaps my little darling has learned to appreciate me... until I realized that what she smelled were the brownies cooking in the oven for the young women -- not my pizza dough rising on the counter.

I felt a moment of joy.

For now, that will do.


Those who know me best, know that when I get worried, angry or restless I tend to clean. Rather quickly. Like -- Move out of my way! I'm trying to clean things up here.

I know it is quirky and not even that lovable, but at least my home ends up tidy and my energy is spent.

The other day I was reminded that we pass on our quirks to our children. Caleb had a field trip on Thursday and he was really excited about it. Like "I'm-so-excited-that-I-can't-sit-still-or-sleep" excited. We woke up Thursday morning to a cheerful declaration, "Mom, Dad, come check out the bathroom".

Normally this doesn't bode well.

This time, however, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Caleb had used his extra energy to clean the bathroom. Like from top to bottom. I have no idea what he used to clean with. But, I will try hard not to think about that too much. For now, I'll enjoy my clean bathroom.

3 comments:

Jess said...

so cute! you have the cutest kids in the world!

Carolyn said...

That is so great! If you have to use up energy, cleaning is a good way. Way to go Caleb!

Christy said...

That is hilarous! Next time your house needs a good scrubbing, let me know and I'll schedule a field trip! :)