Friday, January 30, 2009

Teething

So, I am continually suprised that with my third baby I still don't have all the answers. I keep feeling like I really ought to know what I am doing by now. For example, Rebekah has been fussy for the past couple of days and putting everything in her mouth. My first thought: She might be teething!

Which reminds me that I always think my baby or toddler is teething whenever anything is amiss.

What? She woke up during the night? Maybe she's teething.

Huh. She didn't eat very much today. Must be teething.

Wow look at all that drool. I bet she's teething.

Darn, she woke up early from her nap. I wonder if she might be teething.

Maybe it is because I want to believe that there is some explanation for the unpredictable behavior of kids. I think a part of me wants to connect the dots visually to see what causes the chain reaction that results in a day that is totally out of sync with my carefully thought out plan. I wonder when I will give up the notion that there is an explanation for the crazy things my kids do!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I think it is in our nature to try and always figure everything out even when we really have no idea. Teething sounds good to me!